Everything we do to today is simplified with the digital mode of transaction. If you are a business owner and still using the conventional mode, then you should be asking yourself: Why have you not moved on?
How do you buy clothes now days?
How do you order your groceries?
When was the last time you stood in a line to buy movie tickets or to pay electricity bill?
You do it all online. We don’t really have enough time to go and shop our clothes, groceries or pay electricity/phone bills at physical stores/offices.
This is good enough reason to make you rethink your marketing strategy in this digital era? If not, here are few more insights which will help you understand the importance of Digital Marketing.
- India is home to 2nd largest Mobile Internet users according to a recent survey and we will be 1st soon looking to the disruption that Reliance Jio has brought in the telecom industry. Internet has become cheaper and also easily accessible to almost one and everyone.
- More than 90% people start with online search before they make a buying decision. Even if they buy from local business they first start with an online research. Going digital provides you an opportunity to get in front of these people who are planning to buy something that you may be selling.
- People believe to what others are saying about your product/service online. It helps them decide whether your product/service is good or not. Being digital allows you to showcase your existing customer’s experience to others.
- You are not restricted to geography. With digital your business can be anywhere. The whole world is you market.
- People can easily find your contact details (email, phone number) and can connect with you if they want to inquire about your product/service. Digital gives them freedom to connect with you anytime quickly.
We hope all these points must have helped you understand why taking your business online is important. Also, if your business is online but you are kind of ignoring it and not paying much attention then you need to think on it one more time.
The way people buy has changed & is still changing so businesses need to adapt and change their marketing strategy accordingly. We are not against offline marketing and not asking to stop that. However, when the opportunity strikes you cannot really face the other side and miss it. Do include digital marketing as an integral part of your overall marketing efforts and when used right you will the results which will help you grow your business exponentially.